Here is how to relieve pain and itching and prevent infection, naturally:
- Ice: Wrap ice cubes in a towel or handkerchief and apply on the affected area. Ice or cold compression slows down swelling and relieves the pain by numbing the area. This remedy is ideal when suffering from stings from ants, bees, wasps, and mosquitoes.
- Basil leaves: Crush basil leaves and make a paste. Apply it on the bite and wash off with cold water after 10 minutes. The antiseptic properties prevent the infection from spreading and also heal the wound.
- Tea tree oil: Soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil and dab it on the bitten area. Tea tree oil alleviates the pain and also prevents itching.
- Tea bags: Cold tea bags can be applied on the affected area for bee stings and mosquito bites. The antioxidant and antiseptic properties help to reduce the inflammation and also soothe the skin.
- Aloe vera: Apply fresh aloe vera on the skin to reduce redness and swelling. It prevents the infection from spreading, soothes inflamed skin, and heals the rashes. One can also make use of aloe vera gel.