Here is how to treat a diaper rash, naturally:
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil works wonders on the skin. Its antifungal and antimicrobial properties have a soothing effect on the skin, reducing diaper friction.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Rub apple cider vinegar on your baby’s back using a clean wipe or towel. The alpha hydroxy acid present in apple cider vinegar helps to remove the dead skin and combats the diaper rash.
- Baking Soda – Mix baking soda in your baby’s bath and let them soak in it for a few minutes. The anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce the redness and swelling.
- Oatmeal – Put oatmeal in a blender until it forms a fine powder and add this mixture to your baby’s bath. It helps to preserve the skin’s natural barrier and also soothes the skin.
- Fresh Air – Allow your baby to be bottomless and diaper free. The fresh air helps the skin to heal and repair naturally.