This special herb is a star shaped fruit. The spice is yielded from an evergreen tree native to countries like southern China, Japan, Taiwan and Philippines. It’s a bitter tasting herb but amazingly beneficial.
Some of its benefits are as follows:
- Rich source of antioxidants star anise, protects our bodies against free radical damage and dangerous toxins.
- Antimicrobial properties.
- Effective against flu, cough and cold.
- A great remedy for sore throat.
- Alleviates digestive issues like indigestion, bloating, gas and abdominal cramps
- Eases bowel movements, relieves constipation.
- Boosts women reproductive health.
- Stimulates the production of breast milk.
- Regulates hormonal function in women.
- Tones the male sexual health and alleviates depression.
- A boon for heart health, normalizes the blood pressure.
- Relieves rheumatic pain and treats skin diseases.
- Used in soups, stews and regular dishes. This spice is a must in Chinese five spice powder.